Researching siding material options helps you gain insight into important features such as the nature of its makeup, what type of maintenance it requires, how it stands up to weather, and its initial cost. If you’re looking for siding that retains its value and beauty, making it a wise investment, look no further than James Hardie.
We’re so sure you’re going to love this siding, we took the guesswork out of its advantages by detailing them below. Read on to discover the beauty and benefits of Hardie siding, and fall in love with America’s favorite siding product.
Why the Initial Cost for Hardie Siding Is Worth It
More affordable than cedar planks, brick or stone, James Hardie siding and trim products deliver lasting beauty and durability. While Hardie siding may cost more than vinyl initially, it saves you in the long run due to its durable makeup. Plus, you’ll love coming home to your home covered in this attractive material. Here are some of its benefits that make it a fantastic investment:
Hardie siding and trim are so well made, they require almost no maintenance throughout the year. Wash it once or twice a year with your garden hose and a medium bristle nylon brush to keep it looking as good as new.
Made of sand, cement, and cellulose, Hardie siding and trim products go the distance with ease. They last up to 50 years when installed properly and maintained well over their lifetime.
James Hardie is so confident that their siding is engineered to perfection that they offer a 30-year non-prorated, transferable warranty (one of the best in the industry), giving you peace of mind that your siding is well protected. Simply have your Hardie siding and trim products installed by an Elite Preferred James Hardie contractor (like us!) to protect your warranty coverage.
Outstanding Weather Resistance
Siding that is engineered to stand up to the weather in your region is simply genius. The Hardie Zone System ensures your home is well protected from damaging water intrusion.
Wood siding can actually fuel a fire, but Hardie siding and trim products are non-combustible, delivering the added protection you need in case of a fire. Insurance companies even offer a discount when you install Hardie materials.
Customizing your home with the perfect style is one of the things James Hardie does best.
- Hardie Plank – This popular horizontal siding is James Hardie’s best-selling product. It delivers timeless design and comes in a wide range of colors and textures.
- Hardie Shingle – If you love the look of cedar shingles, but don’t want the high maintenance they come with, this is the perfect siding for you. It works well on Cape Cod and cottage style homes. It can also be applied as an accent to highlight a gable or the second floor of your home.
- Hardie Panel – This modern looking vertical siding creates a minimalist look for your contemporary home, or a rustic style for your farmhouse home. Or, it can be used along with Hardie® Trim boards for a rustic chic board-and-batten design.
- Hardie Soffit – Protect your home from moisture and pests by reinforcing the gap between your eaves and exterior walls with Hardie Soffit.
- Hardie Trim – Introduce color and accent your doors, windows, and columns with durable, gorgeous Hardie Trim.
Weigh Your Siding Material Options
As you can see, there is a long list of benefits to Hardie siding, and almost no drawbacks. Simply realize you will enjoy your siding for 50 years, so it’s worth the initial investment.
The installation time for Hardie siding and trim products may be longer than other materials because they are so heavy, but over the decades as you enjoy it, the extra installation time won’t even weigh in.
Cover Your Home in Gorgeous James Hardie Siding
Old siding dims your home’s curb appeal and makes it vulnerable to damaging water intrusion. Safeguard your most significant investment with beautiful Hardie siding, and keep moisture at bay.
At Giant Siding & Windows, our in-house installation team specializes in Hardie siding installation, so you can rest at ease your siding will be installed right the first time and deliver the outstanding long-term performance it was designed to. Learn more about how our James Hardie siding services can enhance your home’s beauty and increase its value.