Casement Windows Westchester NY – Casement windows can deliver significant, uninterrupted expanses of glass; because there is only one sash. When closed, they prevent air infiltration better than any other operating window.
When open, they effectively capture a breeze, and screens stay cleaner longer because they’re located on the inside of the glass.
Also, when fully open, the sash on a casement window barely obstructs the opening. In the case of an emergency, this larger space allows residents to evacuate through a smaller rough opening than would be possible with other style windows.
What are Casement Windows?
A casement window sash is hinged on the side and opens either to the left or the right. Some casement types are pushed open and pulled closed manually with a handle, but most are operated by a hand crank usually located on the lowest part of the window frame.
Crank-operated windows are a great option in kitchens and bathrooms where cabinets or a bathtub may prevent access to the upper portions of the window. This type of window typically has a modern aesthetic.
However, a more traditional style can be achieved by adding divided lite bars, also known as window grids.
The Marvin Modern Casement Push Out Window
- Features a sleek and modern form
- Push out and crank out versions available
- Numerous configurations and sizes available
- A discreet, nested handle and one locking lever to engage or dis-engage multi-point locks allows for smooth operation
- Available in heights up to 9 feet or widths up to 3 feet
- Sash slides across frame for easy wash mode
- Rated up to PG50 for impressive performance
- Thermally efficient to perform in demanding climates
Many styles are available – contact us to learn more about the window line.